Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debugging PS1 / PSN games and PS2 / PSN games on PS3 ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rippchen View Post
    I have made now a pkg to load either ccapi 2.00 prx or ccapi 2.50 prx. it will be loaded with those cfw settings options on rebug (from network category), but only 4.78DEX and 4.82DEX and only DEX vsh.

you have to enable the cfw settings from rebug toolbox on 4.78 first, if it isn't already enabled. on 4.82 they are enabled by default. then just run the pkg and it will install new settings and new prx file to enable the new options. it makes single beep when finished and finally reboot. after this you can then load each ccapi version from xmb cfw settings options in rebug tools. additionally, I have added this debugALL vsh patch and it can be enabled when running once and disabled when running again.

the pkg itself should be left installed since these ccapi versions will look for the config file in its install folder "CCAPILOAD"

to remove the changings just hold start button during running the pkg and it will double beep when finished and reboot.

there is no brick risk or alike and I have tested the installation routine, but only for 4.21.

I will also upload a netcheat version, which works fine with those old ccapis (including fake ps3lib for running ps3mapi instead of ccapi, which is more stable)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxe6819lpu...oader.zip?dl=0

edit
    just forgot to mention, you have to reboot if you want to get rid of ccapi, since I still haven't found a way to disable them manually.
    btw, those newer versions can also be loaded this way and don't have to be installed.

I wasn't able to compile it successfully when I have tried. maybe I will take another shot with it, but is this really working with ps3? it does not look like it has any api to work with ps3
    I have ccapi 2.60 r3 installed, no problem let it installed?
    does this package allow me to attach ps1 games? do I need to have any specific ccapi installed on my PC? I have the console control api 2.60 also, it will work with all of them?

Comment

I have made now a pkg to load either ccapi 2.00 prx or ccapi 2.50 prx. it will be loaded with those cfw settings options on rebug (from network category), but only 4.78DEX and 4.82DEX and only DEX vsh.

you have to enable the cfw settings from rebug toolbox on 4.78 first, if it isn't already enabled. on 4.82 they are enabled by default. then just run the pkg and it will install new settings and new prx file to enable the new options. it makes single beep when finished and finally reboot. after this you can then load each ccapi version from xmb cfw settings options in rebug tools. additionally, I have added this debugALL vsh patch and it can be enabled when running once and disabled when running again.

the pkg itself should be left installed since these ccapi versions will look for the config file in its install folder "CCAPILOAD"

to remove the changings just hold start button during running the pkg and it will double beep when finished and reboot.

there is no brick risk or alike and I have tested the installation routine, but only for 4.21.

I will also upload a netcheat version, which works fine with those old ccapis (including fake ps3lib for running ps3mapi instead of ccapi, which is more stable)

edit
      just forgot to mention, you have to reboot if you want to get rid of ccapi, since I still haven't found a way to disable them manually.
      btw, those newer versions can also be loaded this way and don't have to be installed.

I wasn't able to compile it successfully when I have tried. maybe I will take another shot with it, but is this really working with ps3? it does not look like it has any api to work with ps3
      I activated cfw settings in rebug toolbox I installed pkg it restarted normally it did not have any "beep", I have ccapi 2.60 installed and activated and prx plugins ppu project to record videos, do I have to deactivate them? How do I activate the ccapi loader?

Comment

edit

I activated the cfw options in rebug toolbox, I installed pkg. but it rebooted and had no "beep" where active the ccapi options? in "Custom firmware tools"? I do not see anything there about capi

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarMan View Post

I activated the cfw options in rebug toolbox, I installed pkg. but it rebooted and had no "beep" where active the ccapi options? in "Custom firmware tools"? I do not see anything there about capi
          I am sorry, but there was a mistake in the installer and I shouldn't have posted the link. besides, there seems to be a problem when attaching to process using ccapi 2.50 I have noticed, so I have to make some more tests with it.

sorry for the confusion...

Comment

I am sorry, but there was a mistake in the installer and I shouldn't have posted the link. besides, there seems to be a problem when attaching to process using ccapi 2.50 I have noticed, so I have to make some more tests with it.

sorry for the confusion...
            Thank you, friend, I await your release. =D

Comment

Thank you, friend, I await your release. =D
              ok, I have fixed the attach problem, but this is only confirmed on 4.21DEX.
              this new ccapi loader will only work for 4.21DEX & 4.78DEX and no others, sorry. I would need a lv2 dump for other firmwares and I only have upto 4.78.

for 4.78DEX, first make sure that cfw settings in rebug toolbox is enabled. if not, enable it.
              then, just install the pkg and do not remove it. it will 1xbeep on successful install and exit to XMB. when you want to remove its changings, just run the pkg again and hold START button and it will 2xbeep.

when everything is fine, you will now have 3 new entries in rebug tools from cfw settings. I have added that debugALL patch, load CCAPI 2.00 and load CCAPI 2.50.

the archive includes seperated netcheat folders, one for 2.00 CCAPI and one for 2.50 CCAPI, so use them accordingly. there is also a fake CCAPI ps3lib, to let ps3mapi be used instead of CCAPI, which is more stable than using official ps3mapi dlls. also those homebrew debuggers are included (not sure, but I think these only work for 2.00/2.50)
              also you can find a rar file with latest netcheat 4.53 wich will work with CCAPI 2.50

I cannot promise, that it will work perfectly for 4.78DEX since I cannot test it myself and it will take me some time to test it myself though

again, there is no brick risk, but if you encounter any problems somehow, just reinstall the cfw.
              https://www.dropbox.com/s/qor8vgymn4...oader.rar?dl=0
              Last edited by rippchen; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

ok, I have fixed the attach problem, but this is only confirmed on 4.21DEX.
                this new ccapi loader will only work for 4.21DEX & 4.78DEX and no others, sorry. I would need a lv2 dump for other firmwares and I only have upto 4.78.

for 4.78DEX, first make sure that cfw settings in rebug toolbox is enabled. if not, enable it.
                then, just install the pkg and do not remove it. it will 1xbeep on successful install and exit to XMB. when you want to remove its changings, just run the pkg again and hold START button and it will 2xbeep.

when everything is fine, you will now have 3 new entries in rebug tools from cfw settings. I have added that debugALL patch, load CCAPI 2.00 and load CCAPI 2.50.

the archive includes seperated netcheat folders, one for 2.00 CCAPI and one for 2.50 CCAPI, so use them accordingly. there is also a fake CCAPI ps3lib, to let ps3mapi be used instead of CCAPI, which is more stable than using official ps3mapi dlls. also those homebrew debuggers are included (not sure, but I think these only work for 2.00/2.50)
                also you can find a rar file with latest netcheat 4.53 wich will work with CCAPI 2.50

I cannot promise, that it will work perfectly for 4.78DEX since I cannot test it myself and it will take me some time to test it myself though

again, there is no brick risk, but if you encounter any problems somehow, just reinstall the cfw.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mddmijccfx...oader.zip?dl=0

Thanks Bro !, your pluguins are working perfectly on xmb !, but .. there is an error while attaching processes, every time I "Attach" some game, it freezes and I have to restart the PS3, is there anything else that I should do ?

Thank you, I appreciate your attention with me.!

Bro, I did a test ... I installed ccapi 2.80 on my pc and ps3, and then I activated the ccapi 2.50 PRX and connected my ps3 with netcheat 4.53 (yours) and it attached the correct process !, it worked! thank you
                Last edited by GuitarMan; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Thanks Bro !, your pluguins are working perfectly on xmb !, but .. there is an error while attaching processes, every time I "Attach" some game, it freezes and I have to restart the PS3, is there anything else that I should do ?

Thank you, I appreciate your attention with me.!

Bro, I did a test ... I installed ccapi 2.80 on my pc and ps3, and then I activated the ccapi 2.50 PRX and connected my ps3 with netcheat 4.53 (yours) and it attached the correct process !, it worked! thank you
                  have sent you pm. please do not install other ccapis when using these old ones.

I have changed the pkg again and now it really should work for 4.21/4.78/4.82 cex or dex.

Comment

Working...
                  X