Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debugging PS1 / PSN games and PS2 / PSN games on PS3 ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debugging PS1 / PSN games and PS2 / PSN games on PS3 ?

Over time, I've been thinking about this possibility, I can currently debug pkg games like:
    Snes9x_next.SELF
    Stella.SELF
    Fb_alpha.SELF
    Fceumm.SELF
    Among other emulators, there is a tool called RetroXMB that makes pkg with built-in emulator without RetroXMB installed on your PS3, so far so good ..
    But I wanted PS1 emulators for CFW 4.76+, the only existing one is mednafen_psx.SELF but it's works up to 4.50, in the dev_flash folder there is another call ps1emu, I can do a self debug from ps1_netemu.self and replace them through Dev_blind but without success the game causes an error when starting, I have no idea how to debug ps1 / psn or ps2 games, Cain has a tool called "psx debugger" that connects through ccapi or tmapi, but for me it is useless It is full of bug and very slow, I do not know if anyone has any idea how to debug ps1 games through ps3? I know there is some way, we have not found it yet

Originally posted by GuitarMan View Post
    Over time, I've been thinking about this possibility, I can currently debug pkg games like:
    Snes9x_next.SELF
    Stella.SELF
    Fb_alpha.SELF
    Fceumm.SELF
    Among other emulators, there is a tool called RetroXMB that makes pkg with built-in emulator without RetroXMB installed on your PS3, so far so good ..
    But I wanted PS1 emulators for CFW 4.76+, the only existing one is mednafen_psx.SELF but it's works up to 4.50, in the dev_flash folder there is another call ps1emu, I can do a self debug from ps1_netemu.self and replace them through Dev_blind but without success the game causes an error when starting, I have no idea how to debug ps1 / psn or ps2 games, Cain has a tool called "psx debugger" that connects through ccapi or tmapi, but for me it is useless It is full of bug and very slow, I do not know if anyone has any idea how to debug ps1 games through ps3? I know there is some way, we have not found it yet
    a little late to answer, but I am trying to port some codes on psx for myself atm.
    I have found using ps3mapi and netcheat works to some point, where you can dump memory and also use the memory viewer plugin. in netcheat, select PS3MAPI at API options and just attach to ps1_emu/ps1_netemu process and search for the psx ram. it depends on which emu you are loading, but default is ps1_emu

now running on ps1_netemu, for vagrant story the ram starts at 0x780780 but maybe this will change on reboot
    btw, you can disassemble the ram dump with ps2dis if it is not already known

edit
    for ps2 there is no other way than using ps2 homebrew or alike, since there is no lv2 debugging possible. you could dump lv1 memory (which also includes ps2 ram to some point), but for this you have to use a modified ps2_netemu.self and I haven't tried it myself so far. when I have done some tests with it, I will post here results.

meh, just remembered, this method depends on ps2classics, so it is a pita...
    Last edited by rippchen; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by rippchen View Post

a little late to answer, but I am trying to port some codes on psx for myself atm.
      I have found using ps3mapi and netcheat works to some point, where you can dump memory and also use the memory viewer plugin. in netcheat, select PS3MAPI at API options and just attach to ps1_emu/ps1_netemu process and search for the psx ram. it depends on which emu you are loading, but default is ps1_emu

now running on ps1_netemu, for vagrant story the ram starts at 0x780780 but maybe this will change on reboot
      btw, you can disassemble the ram dump with ps2dis if it is not already known

edit
      for ps2 there is no other way than using ps2 homebrew or alike, since there is no lv2 debugging possible. you could dump lv1 memory (which also includes ps2 ram to some point), but for this you have to use a modified ps2_netemu.self and I haven't tried it myself so far. when I have done some tests with it, I will post here results.

meh, just remembered, this method depends on ps2classics, so it is a pita...

the only thing that worked for me is the PS3 api manager, but it's very slow. I'm not a good tool to scan, I even found some things in memory of ps1 for PSN games, I wanted something more precise as a ccapi attachor so I could choose the process to attach, do you have any other way to do that and want to share?

Comment

the only thing that worked for me is the PS3 api manager, but it's very slow. I'm not a good tool to scan, I even found some things in memory of ps1 for PSN games, I wanted something more precise as a ccapi attachor so I could choose the process to attach, do you have any other way to do that and want to share?
        the only other thing I can think of, is using the old ccapi 2.50 sprx, which was also able to attach to different processes, which I have found by incident. problem is, if you install it as usual, it will mess up the system and will freeze on startup because of cobra payload. so please do NOT install it and you have to load ONLY the sprx file.

I am running a modified cobra version, where I have changed the syscall, so it does not interfere with other homebrews/syscalls. this way I was able to install those old ccapi versions without problems, but nobody wanted to accept my changings on cobra back then.

I could write a homebrew which will include and load that 2.50 ccapi.sprx file to system if you want to give it a try. that old version is also faster in scanning with netcheat.

edit
        for this you have to use an old version of netcheat of course, which still supports 2.50 ccapi

I will make tests with 2.50 ccapi first, to see if it really can attach to ps1emu and report back
        Last edited by rippchen; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

the only other thing I can think of, is using the old ccapi 2.50 sprx, which was also able to attach to different processes, which I have found by incident. problem is, if you install it as usual, it will mess up the system and will freeze on startup because of cobra payload. so please do NOT install it and you have to load ONLY the sprx file.

I am running a modified cobra version, where I have changed the syscall, so it does not interfere with other homebrews/syscalls. this way I was able to install those old ccapi versions without problems, but nobody wanted to accept my changings on cobra back then.

I could write a homebrew which will include and load that 2.50 ccapi.sprx file to system if you want to give it a try. that old version is also faster in scanning with netcheat.

edit
          for this you have to use an old version of netcheat of course, which still supports 2.50 ccapi

I will make tests with 2.50 ccapi first, to see if it really can attach to ps1emu and report back

I believe he can because the ps3 api manager also does this and it is also an old tool, I need something like ccapi and power append the correct process because the ccapi is faster on the scan than ps3 api manager, CCAPI 2.50 Does it work in cobra
          mode dex 4.78?

Comment

GuitarMan
            here is a small homebrew to enable/disable the patch to debug all processes in prodg. when you want to debug e.g. ps1_emu/ps1_netemu, just run this homebrew once and it will single beep. now you can start your psx game and attach to ps1_emu/ps1_netemu with prodg debugger. though, it will pause the process, so you have to continue it in prodg manually.

after you have finished debugging, just run this homebrew again and it will tripple beep and disable the patch (or just simply reboot, since it is only temporary)

the patch shouldn't be permanently enabled, since it will stop rte tools working as well as netcheat. reason is, they are not able to attach to EBOOT or self file anymore and this was the reason it was removed from COBRA itself.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1l7fwvk60...esses.zip?dl=0

edit
            btw, if you encounter libcrypt psx-games (psx copy protected games), there is a site with gameshark codes to disable libcrypt, so you don't have to use those crappy ppf patches

http://aybabtu.chez.com/PS1/SUPERLIST4.TXT
            Last edited by rippchen; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

GuitarMan
              here is a small homebrew to enable/disable the patch to debug all processes in prodg. when you want to debug e.g. ps1_emu/ps1_netemu, just run this homebrew once and it will single beep. now you can start your psx game and attach to ps1_emu/ps1_netemu with prodg debugger. though, it will pause the process, so you have to continue it in prodg manually.

after you have finished debugging, just run this homebrew again and it will tripple beep and disable the patch (or just simply reboot, since it is only temporary)

the patch shouldn't be permanently enabled, since it will stop rte tools working as well as netcheat. reason is, they are not able to attach to EBOOT or self file anymore and this was the reason it was removed from COBRA itself.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1l7fwvk60...esses.zip?dl=0

edit
              btw, if you encounter libcrypt psx-games (psx copy protected games), there is a site with gameshark codes to disable libcrypt, so you don't have to use those crappy ppf patches

http://aybabtu.chez.com/PS1/SUPERLIST4.TXT

the old PS3 API Manager works with PS1 games but it is very slow and hangs a lot. if there was any way to improve it would be perfect we would have a PS3 MANAGER API to scan and the TMAPI to debug
              See this
              https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/image...8-158f2bbbcc0d

is it still possible to scan games with netcheat tmapi?
              could you make a 2.50 ccapi package for me? works for dex rebug 4.78? , because current ccapi attach the wrong process,

Last edited by GuitarMan; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

the old PS3 API Manager works with PS1 games but it is very slow and hangs a lot. if there was any way to improve it would be perfect we would have a PS3 MANAGER API to scan and the TMAPI to debug
                See this
                https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/image...8-158f2bbbcc0d

is it still possible to scan games with netcheat tmapi?
                could you make a 2.50 ccapi package for me? works for dex rebug 4.78? , because current ccapi attach the wrong process,
                I am also doing some tests with old ccapi modules, but till now I was not able to attach to different process with them. I really wonder how I have done it back then, cause I was able to attach to vsh with 2.50, so I could dump vsh memory. this way I have seen the patches done with that self file that got installed. when I get some good results with 2.50 I make a loader for the plugin and upload it for you.

about ps3mapi, I really don't know how to improve the speed of it and changing ports does have no effect it seems. I've even tried the debug port 1000 but that makes ps3mapi hang. you can see just like with ps3tmapi that connected status with the ip on xmb but the tool freezes on pc. and I also encounter these freeze problems with it. I think the old fake ps3lib from ccapi was way more stable and I will upload it for you (have to put the correct files together, cause I have a mess atm)

about the problem from tools not attaching, they have to be re-coded to make the attach routine differently. back then, this patch was unknown and it was cmx who has given it to joonie not so long ago.

too bad latest netcheat has no open source and only old 4.30 version dnawrkshp has put on his github.

Comment

I am also doing some tests with old ccapi modules, but till now I was not able to attach to different process with them. I really wonder how I have done it back then, cause I was able to attach to vsh with 2.50, so I could dump vsh memory. this way I have seen the patches done with that self file that got installed. when I get some good results with 2.50 I make a loader for the plugin and upload it for you.

about ps3mapi, I really don't know how to improve the speed of it and changing ports does have no effect it seems. I've even tried the debug port 1000 but that makes ps3mapi hang. you can see just like with ps3tmapi that connected status with the ip on xmb but the tool freezes on pc. and I also encounter these freeze problems with it. I think the old fake ps3lib from ccapi was way more stable and I will upload it for you (have to put the correct files together, cause I have a mess atm)

about the problem from tools not attaching, they have to be re-coded to make the attach routine differently. back then, this patch was unknown and it was cmx who has given it to joonie not so long ago.

too bad latest netcheat has no open source and only old 4.30 version dnawrkshp has put on his github.

I will wait for your release, you are the only person who can help me in this place, because other people are worried about having something to scan the memory of ps1 on ps3, we already have something to debug, now there is only something that works better than the PS3 API to scan I wrote something pretty quick for castlevania symphony of the night PSN version in ASM

Max Stats ASM
                  0 0015EDB8 3FC00080
                  0 0015EDBC 38601027
                  0 0015EDC0 3BDE419C
                  0 0015EDC4 3BDE419C
                  0 0015EDC8 B07E0000
                  0 0015EDCC B07E0004
                  0 0015EDD0 B07E0008
                  0 0015EDD4 B07E000C
                  0 0015EDD8 B07E006C
                  0 0015EDDC 60000000
                  0 0015EDE0 60000000
                  0 0015EDE4 60000000
                  0 0015EDE8 7C604C2C
                  0 0015EDEC 48107112
                  0 0010710C 4815EDBA

Comment

I will wait for your release, you are the only person who can help me in this place, because other people are worried about having something to scan the memory of ps1 on ps3, we already have something to debug, now there is only something that works better than the PS3 API to scan I wrote something pretty quick for castlevania symphony of the night PSN version in ASM

Max Stats ASM
                    0 0015EDB8 3FC00080
                    0 0015EDBC 38601027
                    0 0015EDC0 3BDE419C
                    0 0015EDC4 3BDE419C
                    0 0015EDC8 B07E0000
                    0 0015EDCC B07E0004
                    0 0015EDD0 B07E0008
                    0 0015EDD4 B07E000C
                    0 0015EDD8 B07E006C
                    0 0015EDDC 60000000
                    0 0015EDE0 60000000
                    0 0015EDE4 60000000
                    0 0015EDE8 7C604C2C
                    0 0015EDEC 48107112
                    0 0010710C 4815EDBA
                    reasonable users are afraid, because of those stupid idps stealers. though, I am not interested in online stuff and will never steal anything from others. I am still using old 4.21 cfw with no online capability, lol.
                    also I am known on ps3 boards as haxxxen and won't do ever harm to others

great you have already done some hack, but why don't you use disc backups with cobra? those psn classics are just repacked psx isos and are not improved in any way.

Comment

https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-gerendasy-135070126
                      He has NetCheat X there, which I don't think has ever been compiled and released. It might be better than our current netcheat 4.53 or whatever version we are on.
                      https://github.com/Dnawrkshp/netcheat-x
                      Artemis Database December 4, 2017
                      www.4shared.com/s/fk9McBekKca
                      www.sendspace.com/file/6nm2bf

Tutorials
                      https://www.4shared.com/zip/MmXYCA9Eca/Tutorials_June_2_2017.html

Comment

Originally posted by bungholio View Post

https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-gerendasy-135070126
                        He has NetCheat X there, which I don't think has ever been compiled and released. It might be better than our current netcheat 4.53 or whatever version we are on.
                        https://github.com/Dnawrkshp/netcheat-x

Yes, have you ever found a way to use it?

Comment

reasonable users are afraid, because of those stupid idps stealers. though, I am not interested in online stuff and will never steal anything from others. I am still using old 4.21 cfw with no online capability, lol.
                          also I am known on ps3 boards as haxxxen and won't do ever harm to others

great you have already done some hack, but why don't you use disc backups with cobra? those psn classics are just repacked psx isos and are not improved in any way.

I wanted a scan tool for ps1 because I would like to look for codes that we do not have and discover new things, really the retro games enchanted me a lot
                          has any chance of ccapi 2.50 running in 4.78 rebug mode dex?

Comment

There's always a chance you could try running PS1 games on your PC. I'd assume even the cheapest computer these days would be able to decently handle a PS1 emulator, and you can use whatever other tools for breakpoints. You're bound to be able to find some tools that go together well. Tomba! was pure awesomeness.
                            Artemis Database December 4, 2017
                            www.4shared.com/s/fk9McBekKca
                            www.sendspace.com/file/6nm2bf

Tutorials
                            https://www.4shared.com/zip/MmXYCA9Eca/Tutorials_June_2_2017.html

Comment

I wanted a scan tool for ps1 because I would like to look for codes that we do not have and discover new things, really the retro games enchanted me a lot
                              has any chance of ccapi 2.50 running in 4.78 rebug mode dex?
                              I have made now a pkg to load either ccapi 2.00 prx or ccapi 2.50 prx. it will be loaded with those cfw settings options on rebug (from network category), but only 4.78DEX and 4.82DEX and only DEX vsh.

you have to enable the cfw settings from rebug toolbox on 4.78 first, if it isn't already enabled. on 4.82 they are enabled by default. then just run the pkg and it will install new settings and new prx file to enable the new options. it makes single beep when finished and finally reboot. after this you can then load each ccapi version from xmb cfw settings options in rebug tools. additionally, I have added this debugALL vsh patch and it can be enabled when running once and disabled when running again.

the pkg itself should be left installed since these ccapi versions will look for the config file in its install folder "CCAPILOAD"

to remove the changings just hold start button during running the pkg and it will double beep when finished and reboot.

there is no brick risk or alike and I have tested the installation routine, but only for 4.21.

I will also upload a netcheat version, which works fine with those old ccapis (including fake ps3lib for running ps3mapi instead of ccapi, which is more stable)

link removed

edit
                              just forgot to mention, you have to reboot if you want to get rid of ccapi, since I still haven't found a way to disable them manually.
                              btw, those newer versions can also be loaded this way and don't have to be installed.

Originally posted by bungholio View Post
                              I wasn't able to compile it successfully when I have tried. maybe I will take another shot with it, but is this really working with ps3? it does not look like it has any api to work with ps3

Last edited by rippchen; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X