No announcement yet.

Unofficial ArtemisPS3 update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I found out why Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain did not work with Artemis. It turns out CCAPI was interfering with it (it was there so NetCheat would work with my PS3 previously) and I had it uninstalled. Now all codes work fine and I am currently playing through Phantom Pain now!

Sadly it didn't fix the issue with the two Mortal Kombat games. I don't think I have webMAN but I do have multiMAN V4.80.

Comment

made a small update and test pkg for now.
      i have added the ability to disable (specific) codetype 0 codes with a press of a button from ingame xmb and a new codetype 5. just press L3 button when you have codes activated and ingame xmb is loaded and the disabler codes get loaded.

disadvantage is, you will disable all given codes at once, just like when activating cheat codes.

for example game Neverdead BLES01303 v1.00 ncl:
      Code:
      Infinite Ammo + Bottomless Clip
      Medo
      0 0076CC30 60000000
      #
      Infinite Ammo Off
      5 0076CC30 D1A30004
      #
      Infinite Ammo On/Off
      0 0076CC30 60000000
      5 0076CC30 D1A30004
      #
      AoB Infinite Ammo + Bottomless Clip
      Medo
      B 00010000 04000000
      B D1A300044E8000202C2400007C0802A6 600000004E8000202C2400007C0802A6
      #
      download for test pkg is in first post

Comment

I couldn't remember if there already was a code type 5. I know there's some I never use for anything. There was 1 for text, and 2 for single precision floats from what I remember, and probably more.

I see you have a separate code for on, then a separate for off, and then the next combines both. Is 5 just a single write operation toggled by a different button combo in the end?
        Artemis Database December 4, 2017
        www.4shared.com/s/fk9McBekKca
        www.sendspace.com/file/6nm2bf

Tutorials
        https://www.4shared.com/zip/MmXYCA9Eca/Tutorials_June_2_2017.html

Comment

Originally posted by bungholio View Post
          I couldn't remember if there already was a code type 5. I know there's some I never use for anything. There was 1 for text, and 2 for single precision floats from what I remember, and probably more.

I see you have a separate code for on, then a separate for off, and then the next combines both. Is 5 just a single write operation toggled by a different button combo in the end?
          I have made sure that there isn't this codetype already used, so no, this is new one for artemis. to be precisely, "3, 5, 7, 8, 9, C" are all unused on artemis.

and yes, I have made only a different codetype to use disablers with a button press. unluckily, the way the engine is coded, I couldn't find another way to make this work. the problem is, the whole list is proceeded at once. the operation is just like codetype 0 a byte replace at given address.

Comment

That's handy to know, then people can use it for alternative values instead of just disabling things. I really wish Artemis had some way of displaying in game and then allowing you to enable/disable things there, or even toggle constant writes and single writes separately since the majority of all PS3 codes are ASM codes that only need a single write while playing.

For a while I considered putting an off code toggle in place for every code I could using the [Z][/Z] thing even though people couldn't use it with a button press.

EDIT: I just occurred to me. Would it be very difficult to make it save a list of restore values before it overwrites them? It would always be your automatic thing for this code type and wouldn't require anybody to make a bigger code list.
            Last edited by bungholio; 07-05-2017, 03:32 PM.

Tutorials

Comment

I have answered to you on my visitor page but I want to answer here as well...

I haven't thought about this beforehand, but you are right, you can use this new codetype for different values as well.

I think this is totally possible and I maybe am able to modify the code for it to work, but it does not bring much advantage here and also would increase memory usage, which is very limited with these vsh plugins.

Maybe making artemis a general game plugin would be better. I also want to make some tests with this.

edit
              I really want to have artemis work like usercheat, with a different codetype and custom button combos, but still I have no idea how to solve this. Hope I can get some help with this from others, since dnawrkshp isn't that much active and maybe not interested in this project anymore. Thank god he has made it open source in first place.
              Last edited by rippchen; 07-06-2017, 01:38 AM.

Comment

You should be able to catch dnawrkshp on the www.gamehacking.org/vb/ forums I'm assuming from what I remember. I can't remember if it was Lazy Bastard or dlevere who told me they usually talk to him every week at some point on those forums, so going by that you should be able to catch him. Since it's July and he's not likely in school or anything, you might have an even better chance of catching him now than most months.

I never really looked at the eboot or whatever for codeunique, but I'd assume you could look at it to have some kind of an idea of how it does the button codes. I'm also not certain it even did the button codes as well as we thought. The old codeunique database that had the button codes seemed like it had everyone using different buttons for every game, and I'm not sure how it handled the games where the buttons the games use in memory were 1 to 4 bytes long with just values 00 for off and then either 01, 02, or FF for on. People were all over the place guessing at values and randomly getting them wrong.

I considered just seeing what writes to the button addresses in games, but was too lazy to pursue it at the time even though it was probably a system call function from somewhere that returned button values. You'll know if you're looking at the correct address for buttons if a break on write never stops on them, and then from there seeing if you can back trace to see what system call is doing the buttons and possibly figure it out from there. If you have any of the games Hiei-YYH, GuitarMan, me, or possibly others did button codes for, they could speed up the process if you wanted to try that approach.

Tutorials

Comment

just to let you guys know, I have updated the first post with a new version of artemis prx, where I have improved the memory usage once more. there were few games that didn't work with artemis and have booted to pseudo recovery. this is now fixed and these games should also work fine now. maybe it will also work now with ccapi prx together but this I have not tried

Comment

Working...
                  X