This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Rules: Read Here BEFORE Posting

New guidelines for using this forum. I just did spring cleaning, and I think there are a few additions, changes, and clarifications that need to be made. As always, we expect you to read this. Failure to do so will not relieve you of the responsibility of following these guidelines. Also, this is not necessarily comprehensive. Additions may be made in the future, and the moderators have the right to deal with situations not covered here as they see fit.
    1. Nobody here owes you codes. Be courteous when requesting, and civil if your request is not fulfilled.
    2. Request threads are to be made on a per product basis. Generally, that means you should only request codes for one game in a thread, but for compilations such as Capcom Classics, Namco Museum, etc., there should also only be one thread. If you start a thread requesting codes for twenty games, or an entire series of games that are sold as separate products, it will be deleted.
    3. Only one request thread is necessary for each product. Duplicate threads will be removed, and the user will lose thread-starting privileges. See the next item.
    4. You will use the search feature. Posting a duplicate thread will result in the loss of thread-starting privileges for a period of time to be decided at the discretion of the moderators. I just finished cleaning up this forum, and removing/merging the duplicate threads reduced the thread count by more than half. That's pathetic.
    5. Do not prefix "[REQ]", "RE:", "Request for", "Requesting codes for", or any other "request" identifier to your threads. I know you've been told to do this in the past, and some other sites/forums require it for some bizarre reason. In this sub-forum of threads are either request threads, or threads that started as code repositories that also contain requests. I think we can safely assume that a thread contains requests, and is the appropriate place to post them, unless otherwise specified.

The prefixing schtick has never been done in a manner that's consistent, and having the first character of the thread title be the first letter of the game name for one thread, "[" for another, and "R" on another just breaks the forum's ability to display threads by title without making you search every page to find all the threads for the Jak games. Don't do this any more.

If you're going to make a thread that isn't a request, and isn't about making or posting codes for a particular game, chances are that it belongs in some other sub-forum. Although I admit the entire purpose of some sub-forums is a little hard to fathom.
    6. It is unnecessary to suffix the thread title with the system you want the codes for, or the region you want codes for. It's redundant, as that information is already provided by the sub-forum the thread is located in. Also, do not append "RE", "retail", etc. for the publicly released, final version of the game. You should specify in the title if your game is a demo, or a beta version, but we will assume the request is for a retail version unless told otherwise.
    7. In general, make the thread title the name of the product, and only the name of the product. An exception to this is when the thread title is nothing but an uncommon abbreviation, such as, "IGPX", or, "SRS". In those instances, include what the abbreviation stands for in parentheses, if you know.
    8. Include as much detail as you can in your requests. You should request specific codes, but also include whatever information you think may be helpful to the hackers. Descriptions of the game's interface (health bars, ammo, statistics displays, etc.) will be especially helpful if the hacker does not own the game.
    9. Do not make constant, useless posts to keep a thread "bumped". Threads for popular games will stay near enough to the top of the forum display without your help. Unfortunately, less popular games may vanish quickly. You can bump a thread after a week or more of inactivity, but it is always better to only post if you can add useful content to a thread. Posts made strictly to "bump" a thread may be removed at a moderator's discretion, even if they follow the rules.
    10. When you FOUND codes on the Internet
      You must post a link to the site and page where the codes are located. This helps us spot potential errors and also provides for crediting sources. Any posted codes made without a link to the codes may be removed at the moderators discretion.
    11. Requesting Code Pkgs to be made.

Topic Name should only ever be the game name

Format For Post
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

Game name:
      Game Version: *Optional*
      Game ID:
      Link to files needed: (Make sure to Zip into 1 file)

Codes Looking to Get put into them.

---------------------------------------------------------------
      I may be doing a Update to CMP auto tools or making a Simpler format for users to use so im hoping more and more people that use this format will actual decide to learn to do this them self because to be honest i don’t know how many people will still make the Pkgs

i dont want to see someone ask for a cheat pkg and be like i want all codes. or can you show me the codes that are made..
      open up notepad copy the codes you want then paste them here
    12. Topic format for Requesting Codes

Topic Name should only ever be the game name

Format For Post
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

Game name:
      Game Version: *Optional*
      Game ID:
      Code Type Requesting: (Memory, Eboot, Save)
      Code Device: Game Genie/Save Editor, Brute-force Save editor, NetCheats,

Codes your Requesting

Link to files needed: (Make sure to Zip into 1 file) <-- Only when requested by the Code Hacker this is needed. (Eboot/Save hacks only)

No posting codes for dlc or online

Comment

Updated to Format Rules ... 11 and 12

For If you like what i do

Comment

Working...
      X