This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artemis Code Database Update

This kind of fits here and kind of doesn't quite fit here. I've updated the old databases that started as CodeUnique that eventually just became NetCheat and PS3EMPM format and it is now Artemis Format which is identical to Netcheat with the exception of the [Z][/Z] thing I was using that NetCheat doesn't have. I threw all previous versions in with it because games and updates somehow randomly vanish and I can't figure out how.

The links are in my signature.
    Last edited by bungholio; 06-30-2017, 06:36 AM.
    Artemis Database June 30 2017
    www.4shared.com/s/fDZByLp2Tca
    www.sendspace.com/file/xzmhu6

Tutorials
    https://www.4shared.com/zip/MmXYCA9Eca/Tutorials_June_2_2017.html

Thank you.

Comment

Hey Bungholio, do you need a debug eboot for Artemis to work?

Comment

I didn't use debug eboots, but I only did a bit of testing with it.

Tutorials

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

I've updated the database again, but I'm still working on it.
            I'm trying to get very specific update info for any games that I can.
            I'm trying to put the Version, App Version, and Target Version in each title as I find the correct ones by digging through packages from various sites. It's slow and agonizing.
            Last edited by bungholio; 01-22-2017, 11:06 AM.

Tutorials

Comment

excellent work Bungholio, I installed this the other day and think it is excellent, mile better than having to have my laptop connected, now i can just select the cheats and away we go.

do you have contact with the DEV team?

It would be cool if users could edit the lists, ive found some codes either dont work or cause bugs.

Recently i've been playing RE4 and noticed one of the codes (not sure which one yet) prevents Ashley from following you, so it would be cool once i found which code it was (im guessing its the enemies cant grab or leon takes no damage inc chainsaw attacks) that i could delete it without having to edit the list then copy back to the console.,

Comment

I managed to recover my files from my dead computer and uploaded. I've recovered the updated database and updated the link to it.

Tutorials

Comment

Thanks again
                  http://dron-3.blogspot.com/

Comment

dron_3 Did you stop doing cheats?

Comment

Thanks,do you have the latest st.DAT file used by Code Unique 2.3?

Comment

The last time I updated CodeUnique is in there, but it's outdated by entire years and I'm not even slightly motivated to convert things to that format considering what a buggy piece of crap CodeUnique is trapping people on 3.55 firmwares. I'm just still working on updating the Artemis database. At the same time, there's code types Artemis has that CodeUnique does not have, and that would be me removing a massive amount of codes. CodeUnique doesn't have the useful toggle I've been using with the [Z][/Z] thing nor the search and replace code types, its pointer code types are inferior, its constant write code types suck in comparison too, its titles are limited and it has no room in the codes for credits or comments . The only code type it has that nothing else has is that button toggle code type, and if it weren't for that nobody would ever have a reason to use it.

Since over 90% of the PS3 codes out there are assembly code modifications, you can easily convert most codes to CodeUnique by changing the 1st "0" to either 00000000, 00010000, or 00020000 or whatever they were. It would be something you can easily figure out by just opening the files of games that are in the CodeUnique database and then opening their Artemis format copies too. You should be able to easily see the similarities with slight differences.
                        Last edited by bungholio; 06-10-2017, 03:00 PM.

Tutorials

Comment

just a quick Q, when you open a games cheat list you see duplicated codes but with AoB in front, what does this mean?

also im finding for quite a few games i have, when using artemis and you press the PS button and start, the console freezes.

but if i use my laptop to activate codes over ccapi the console doesnt crash.

I have checked the codes and they look to be the same, just odd because i like artemis, would be nice to manually add your own codes or delete.

Comment

Originally posted by Retroboy View Post
                            just a quick Q, when you open a games cheat list you see duplicated codes but with AoB in front, what does this mean?
                            AoB = Array of Bytes. It's a find and replace code type. If you are trying a game with codes and ones without AoB in the title aren't working, try the ones with AoB in the title because they have a far better chance of working even if you don't know the exact place in memory they would be located it. The explanation is in the CheatsDBVersions.txt file near the top.

also im finding for quite a few games i have, when using artemis and you press the PS button and start, the console freezes.

but if i use my laptop to activate codes over ccapi the console doesnt crash.
                            I wouldn't even have a guess, that sounds like something dnawrkshop would need to look into since he made Artemis. You can find him on the www.gamehacking.org/vb/ forums. Also, what are the exact games and codes that have this issue? It would help to know which games and codes. If you activated a ton of "AoB" codes at the same time, that might potentially cause the console to pause as it scans through memory and replaces things if it finds them, but that's me taking a bad guess. Is it certain codes or just any codes for certain games??? I do remember there were certain games like one of those Metal Gear Solid games along with others that don't like to work correctly for some unknown reason.

i like artemis, would be nice to manually add your own codes or delete.
                            You can manually add all of your own codes, that's how I update it. All they are is normal .txt files with the extension changed to .ncl. You can open them in wordpad or anything that allows you to read and edit text files. Make sure to avoid Windows Notepad.exe though, I don't remember which version of Windows they broke it in but they never fixed the issue where Notepad can't tell the difference between text formatting and the Word Wrap option and it can mess up the formatting of the files without editing anything. You just need to make sure to format your own codes correctly in the file, and it's easy to figure out by looking at the other files.
                            Last edited by bungholio; 06-13-2017, 04:11 PM.

Tutorials

Comment

thanks for the reply, all makes a sense i will update later on games that crash, i am thinking of compiling my own list just for the games i have.

love the app tho and your work, will get round to sorting your update list to my console.

Comment

Working...
                              X